Advertisement

'No wonder is suppose' performed by BEDLAM

'No wonder is suppose' performed by BEDLAM A 16th century Scottish song, here arranged for lute and voice. Recorded, edited, and produced by Paul Sánchez.


NO WONDER IS SUPPOSE

No wonder is suppose my weeping eye
Be blinded with the rainy cloud of woe
And with the sword of sharp adversitie
My doolfull heart be parted clean in tuo.
All earthly joy, all pleasour is agoe.
Despair is lord, good hope is in exile.
That ev’r I lov’d, alace this sorry while.

As with the wind oppressed is the corn
The stone thirled with rainy droppis great
And with the worm the scarlet rent and shorn
So is my heart o’erthral’d and overset,
My salt tears mingled are with bloody sweat,
Pale is my face and faded is my hue.
Of Lovis lair, alace that ev’r I knew.

-Anonymous, collected by Kenneth Elliott

Bedlam,Bedlam early music,16th century,Renaissance music,Lute,Lute song,Laudon Schuett,Kayleen Sanchez,lute duo,Baroque Music,vlog,Lute tunes tuesday,Scottish Music,

Post a Comment

0 Comments