Advertisement

On The Right Track

On The Right Track It's an interesting and enlightening thing to chase your own tail and try to play things you played years ago. One of the best experiences I had in my Nashville years was writing/arranging/recording and performing with Joel Fry. Along with Brent Mason and Tom Bukovac, Joel is one of Ohio's best exports to Nashville. I met him in 2004 through Matt McClure, a multi-platinum selling, 3 time Grammy nominated, multi-#1 Producer/Recording Engineer/Mixer, who was then our FOH guy when I was touring with Steve Holy. Joel had written the words, melody and chord changes for this tune, but needed an arrangement, so I took liberties, writing the theme lick that appears before each verse and on the very end. Joining me on it are Toto/Dukes Of September drummer, Shannon Forest, as well as Steve Bryant (bass), Curt Ryle (acoustic guitar) Jimmy Nichols (keys), Mike Johnson (steel), Wanda Vick (fiddle) and John Wesley Riles (backing vox). It was cut at Emerald/Masterfonics on Music Row in Nashville with Matt McClure at the console.

Track

Post a Comment

0 Comments